3/25/2009

Goodbye Miami

It’s time for us to pack up the car and make our way to Titusville where Alan’s family lives. I keep asking him how much I can take, he keeps saying, “take whatever you want,” and of course, I want to take everything. Fortunately, Alan has excellent packing skills and it all fits but… Where are all of the items his brother has been storing for us from their mom’s estate going to go? Rosco is so worried that we are leaving without him that he won’t calm down until we let him sit in the car while we’re packing. Maybe he thinks there won’t be any room for him, lol. He’ll be sitting on my lap just as he did the whole way down even though he could have stretched out in the backseat. I don’t know what it is about road trips but in about 10 minutes I’m asleep, when I wake up DH asks if I want to look for a thrift store in route to Titusville. Ummm, let me think… I use the GPS again and find a little store not far from the highway – Treasure Coast Hospice Thrift. Vowing to buy only very small items (unless it’s something really cool) I focus on the jewelry counter. Often this is a mistake for two reasons; first, I know almost nothing about jewelry and secondly I tend to keep all the jewelry for myself :) I do find an Ann Klein necklace which I buy even though it’s a little pricey and two sterling bracelets that are so cheap I almost feel guilty for not paying more. I have to pass on a set of iridescent tumblers – no room and not enough of a steal to justify shipping. I head back out with my tiny treasurers where Alan has managed to pass his time productively by adding some more photos to the Rexo series. He knows how long it takes me to visit the smallest thrift shop so he knew there was plenty of time to set up some shots.










On to Titusville, an hour later than we thought but totally worth it!

No comments: