4/01/2009

Titusville and Orlando Family Time (mostly)

We finally arrive in Titusville only an hour late because I have resisted the urge to check the GPS to see if there are any other shops “on the way”. The first night we stay with Alan’s brother Greg and his sweet wife Barbara. Greg is not a big fan of dogs but Rosco wins him right away over by falling asleep on the floor.

Every time I visit I admire Barbara’s Man in the Moon cookie jar. It belonged to her grandmother and is most definitely the real deal - Robinson Ransbottom Pottery. Isn’t it fabulous?!


As you can see photography runs in the family. It’s actually Greg’s fault that I’m living in Ohio, but that’s another story. Although they have lived in Florida for as long as I’ve known them, they’re big fans of New England and visit there as often as they can.

We pick up the items Alan has inherited from his mom and somehow he manages to fit them into our already packed to the gills car.



We spend the next day at his sister Tina’s house and have a nice family dinner with Barb, Greg, Auntie, Uncle and the youngest member of the family, Logan. He’s got to be the cutest 13 year old boy ever, and I am being totally objective! During our time at Tina’s I manage to go scout out the thrift stores. The first place I visit is advertised as an Antique Market but it’s full of imported junk. Then I see a flea market, but it’s packing up – dang! I find an awesome antique store crammed full of interesting old dusty stuff but they won’t be open until Monday and we’re leaving Sunday morning. :( Next time I will be sure to be in Orlando on Friday and Saturday!

Next up – heading back to Ohio (but of course I have to stop along the way)

No comments: