4/07/2009

My dog embarrases me...

We finally hit the road stopping at the same Microtel we stayed at on the way down. They take dogs and the rooms are reasonably clean, if tiny. Hence the name I guess. This time the Internet wouldn't work unless you sat in the lobby and I have to have my online fix, so Rosco and I head to the lobby. Rosco has to sit on the floor - no dogs on the furniture. Maybe that's why he was feeling grouchy or maybe he was tired of traveling. What ever the reason this normally sweet and friendly dog, who loves everyone, actually growls and goes after this man that was just walking by. And not just once. So we are disgraced and banished from the lobby. I'm embarrassed but he's like "what??"

After slinking out of the hotel in the morning we head out on 77. I don't know if you're familiar with this interstate but about every other exit is an "Antique Mall". I ignore them for as long as I can then I ask to stop at one. I think the DH is tired of traveling too because although he stops and tells me to take my time he doesn't look too happy about it. I hurry through in just 30 mins or so - a personal best for such a big store, I could have spent 2 hours easily. I find this darling Tumbelina table set - all 3 pieces are less than 3" tall. So adorable!

I manage to avert my eyes from the antique signs the rest of the way home to the relief of Alan and Rosco. We are all happy to be home and I can't wait to unpack my cool "new" old stuff!

No comments: