1/28/2009

Names please?

I just realized as I was talking to a new friend that I have not identified the people in my photos or told you my parents names - how rude!

Also I've been spelling Ruthy's name wrong it's Ruthie. I knew something didn't look right but it didn't click untill I typed Aunt Ruthy -oops!

Anyway, the handsome American is Neil Mantone - pic coming soon, for some reason I don't have any service pictures here. The lovely ladies are the Smart girls, Ruthie and Pamsy. The prim lady in the hat is Madeline Smart and the handsome Australian soldier is Albert Smart, Bert to his friends, Grandpa to me.

My mom's maiden name really was Smart. One of her favorite little jokes is to say "I was a Smart girl untill I got married!"

I don't know how exactly how Dad felt about that ;)

No comments: