1/15/2009

Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow…

…can keep me from my appointed auction.

Ok, I admit that’s a stretch but I did go out to an auction yesterday despite it being in the boonies and during the worst snow storm this year. A thirty minute trip turned into an hour and a half crawl along snow covered roads with cars a-slippin and a-slidin all over the place!

It was worth the trip though because in addition to some beautiful glass, china, and a fabulous set of silver candleholders, I bought six Aston Drake Porcelain dolls. These two are my favorites.
This is Mary from Mary Has a Little Lamb, unfortunately her lamb is lost. I think the expression on her face is priceless, she looks like I often feel when my brain isn’t working right.




The redhead is Peaches and Cream, she has her little basket of peaches and her face is just beautiful!



Now I know that these are collectible dolls and if you play with them you decrease the value, but how can you not! All of their little outfits have real snaps so that they can be taken on and off and although I have resisted doing that it’s nice to know that it’s possible. Their heads rotate and tilt into different positions making their expressions even more adorable, plus the arms and hands can be repositioned to a certain extent. I did play with them a little, as you can see from the photographs. I couldn’t resist, they seem like they were made to play with!

2 comments:

Deer Path Vintage said...

Those Ashton Drake dolls are adorable! Some of the Ashton Drakes are a little scary, but these are precious. I'll bet they're keepers, right?

Karen-CharmingsCollectibles said...

They are adorable, but DH doesn't appreciate them the way I do, LOL! So they will probably end up in my RL store sometime.
Karen